Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Me, Myself and I

Well I guess yu could say that this is like the sequel to my last blog "Selfishness". I said a bit in there about serving others, but I wonder if you wonder "how do I do this?"

Well, here are some bible verses on serving that could help:
Romans 12:11
11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Deuteronomy 13:4
4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

Galations 5:13
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

1 Peter 4:10
10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

Joshua 22:5
But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."

1 Samuel 12:24
24 But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

Mark 10:45
45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."


We as Christians Have been CALLED to Serve, to use the Gifts he has Given us for his Kingdom. Serving is meant to be from your heart, you are meant to do it from LOVE, not because you have to but for two reasons:

1. Because you Love The Lord your God, and wish to serve and please him &
2. Because the love that God has poured out on you, you want to pour out further onto others.

What better witness is this?

So this is all well and good but How do I serve? well my gifts are to be an exhorter (encourager), as a server next, and thirdly to be an administrator.
I have a wonderful role in the body of Christ, I help to encourage those around me. I serve next, I am the sort to do communion on a sunday, or clean the church, something that others do not see, and then lastly an administrator, I help to organise things, like events for the young ads.

So it is all very well that I have these gifts, but I know that you have your own that are just as special. WE are ALL meant to be a valuable part of the Body of Christ. And if you do not use these gifts for the Lord, and instead ignore what the Lord has given you, then as it says in 2 Peter 1:5-10 you are unproductive as a christian and have forgotten that you were saved.

You see not only is your gift used for the benefit of the Lord, but also for expanding His Kingdom. When the Gifts are used properly, it is a wonderful witness to those who do not know The Lord, and an Awesome encouragement to those already in the church to continue with their gifts as well.

You are not on this earth for nothing! You would not be here if you were worth nothing!

I do not know if you feel unproductive, I dont know if you are serving to please people and not God. If you need to feel that joy that you felt when you were burning for Christ in the beginning of your walk, then look to God for strength! You were, like me, not created to be selfish, but to fulfill your purpose on this earth! I pray that you will feel blessed to have this purpose, that you will feel the want to pour love out on others, then you may Serve the Lord with all your heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment